The best saddle racks to use!
- This depends a lot on your type of saddle and what you have! You may find that you can adjust your existing saddle rack for a better fit.
Bottom line is that your saddle rack should support your saddle, but not leave any dents in it.
- If you find that you have a dent-causing saddle rack, it’s easy to remedy. Even if your saddle doesn’t have traditional flocking, it can still become altered over time.
- This simple piece of wood is perhaps my favorite saddle rack. It’s easy to make, easy to install, you can flip it down when not in use, and it holds your saddle down the gullet. BUT – your saddle’s gullet may not like this, so you can always cover the piece of wood with something – a saddle pad, a piece of pipe insulation, a fuzzy numnah.
Simple, and fold up nicely if you need to make room when they are not holding a saddle. Great for cross ties and barn aisles.
Folds right up!
Your saddle’s flocking will not be “dented” with this style of saddle rack. Reflocking a saddle takes the expertise of a saddle fitter.
- Molded saddle racks are also great for saddle storage, they won’t wobble around like some simple piece of wood styles. You can also hang girths from the bottom rail under everything, and may include a bridle hook on the underside also. But, the rails can squish into your saddle, creating dents and the need for frequent reflecting. Remedy that by adding pipe insulation, or use padding under your saddle.
- I have also seen mailboxes used as saddle racks – super for storing your “extras” inside the mailbox!
Dented flocking will alter the way your saddle fits on your horse.
Protect your saddle’s flocking with a towel, a numnah, or pipe insulation.
This inexpensive pipe insulation can mold to the shape of your saddle racks for maximum protection!
- You can also pick up saddle racks for horse shows. Some hang from the walls, some are carts that may or may not have some extra storage below.
This rack is portable for shows and hangs on the stall wall.
If you love the idea of a new saddle rack, pick one up here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, for which I am super grateful! Thank you.
HORZE Lockable Saddle Rack – to lock your saddle up at home.
Intrepid International Wall Saddle Rack – saddle rack for home
Tough-1 Breakdown Traveling Saddle Rack – for saddles at shows