Things your horse, cow, dog, and cat can share!
- There are not too many rules about what you have to use on your dog and cat and horse and maybe even cow – many products can be shared (gasp!) between the barn critters that you have.
- A very important note about this – sharing medications is NOT OK, as some things are beneficial to one species and deadly to another. Aspirin is a great example – dogs can tolerate it, aspirin will kill a cat. Always consult your Veterinarian about medications. Dosages also vary wildly between species. But of other stuff – go nuts!
- You also want to steer clear of sharing fly control products, many ingredients are lethal to cats. Learn more about not poisoning your barn cats here.
Lots of products to share between the horse, the dog, the cow, and the cat!
- Dog and cat slicker brushes are super for cleaning sheepskin saddle pads!
- Toys! Well, the cats may not enjoy playing with a giant horse ball, but most dogs really dig playing with a horse toy.
No more touching gross ticks.
- Tick removal tools. I picked this handy tool up at the pet store, I have used it a kazillion times more on the horse than any barn animal!
- Grooming gloves. Share the scratchy grooming goodness and use your curry combs and grooming gloves on the barn critters. Beware of skin conditions – these can be spread by shared grooming tools!
- Mastitis meds that you can find at the feed store (for cattle) are sometimes good for treating thrush in horses. The applicator is perfectly designed to get into the grooves where thrush loves to live.
Zeolites make everything smell better!
- Stall refresher granules (zeolites) that eat ammonia smells are great to use in your cat’s litter box. No more stinky litter! Or use zeolites to combat musty and moldy smells around the barn.
- Share blankets between mini horses and dogs!
- The dog tag machines at pet stores can give you instant horse blanket ID tags, so you can be sure your horse’s blanket ends up on him.
Handy for horses and dogs, not so handy for cats.
Lead ropes make excellent leashes for dogs. Or cows. Or cats?
If you need to pick up some things your pets can share, you can pick them up here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, which are not a penny more for you. I couldn’t be more grateful for your support!
Use code PEG at handsongloves.com for free shipping!