Things you can “steal” from home to use at the barn!
- I love the barn. I love my house, too, and therefore feel the need to share “home” with “barn”. Just a warning here – it’s all fun and games until your spouse wants to surprise you with a cleaning spree and all of the sponges now clean your tack. You will have only yourself to blame. So here are a few of the ordinary homey things that now live in my tack trunk.
I don’t like doing dishes but I do like cleaning stuff at the barn.
- Double sides sponges. Clean tack, scrub buckets, clean noses, scrub gunk from hooves. Endless possibilities!!
- Ivory soap. Clean buckets, sheaths, and hands.
- Dog slicker brushes. Great for the farm cat and fluffing up sheepskin. Also gets the fuzzies out of velcro.
- A&D diaper cream and zinc oxide diaper cream. A&D for mouth corners, boo-boo’s, and emergency lip balm. Zinc oxide for sunscreen on noses and sores.
- Diapers. For packing feet and using as a giant band-aid in case of emergency. For more diaper uses, check out this article.
- Washcloths and old towels. For drying wet ponies, cleaning tack and boots, general handiness around the barn.
- Toothbrushes. Great for nitty-gritty tack cleaning, and also for cleaning the goop from under your fingernails.
Helpful hint – you probably don’t want to use these things at the barn and then bring them back home.