What goes on the barn bulletin board?
- I love white erase boards and bulletin boards for the barn! They provide a great way to share information and can help you have a successful and easy emergency system.
Of course, much of the critical information about our horses should be located on a stall or paddock card, but there’s a lot of other stuff to have handy on a bulletin board, too.
White erase boards are great for barn announcements.
Some ideas for the bulletin board:
- Barn Address and landline phone number. Know the address and phone so you can tell emergency operators, farriers, vets, visitors.
- Location of critical things around the farm
- Fire extinguisher
- Water shut off valves. Ever had a busted pipe?? That water flows until someone turns it off.
- Gate override. If the power goes out, you need a way in and out of the property.
- First aid kits (horse and human).
- Evacuation plan for horses. If your barn doesn’t have one, here’s how to make one!
- Boarder’s phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Vet and Farrier phone numbers. If the barn is huge and everyone has their own preferences, then those numbers can go on the stall name cards.
- You can also use a strategically placed bulletin board for show sign-ups, training tips, or other farm news! And by strategically placed I mean where everyone will see it.
A great location for barn announcements!